My intention in writing this blog (which I haven’t been able to do until now because of nests of related error I found on the way) is to make readers aware of what I perceive as a massive political agenda on the right (not that the left is better), which couches its goals in “Christian” terms, thereby gaining much support. It is my opinion, that these errors that have come down to us through the years, are contained in the beliefs of certain people and churches, and give credence to the folk that are into setting up a “Christian” political system, some of the elements of which I talk about in my Constantine/Augustine blog. I found the following news item on September 30, 2007, which reinforces my thought:
My comments about the article:
• Why is the Council for National Policy meeting in Salt Lake City?
• What is their agenda? (Notice the word secret is used.)
• Dr. James Dobson of Focus on the Family “is perhaps the most influential of the group”. He’s a part of a number of websites I’ve seen lately. (More on him in a later blog.)
• I’ve not heard of Tony Perkins of the Family Research Council, but, as I will be discussing in the future, “family” and “pro-life” seem to be rallying words and a banner many belief systems can agree with.
• Pew Research Center has been popping up in my recent research. My observation is that it is very ecumenical.
• So Pat Robertson of CBN has provided coverage for Mr. Giuliani, and the reason the CNP met was to think up an alternative person for president. Are they going to pit two different “Christian” thoughts regarding a future president against each other?
Perhaps you would like to research the Council for National Policy. Just keep in mind, that, as you probably know, the reader needs to be discerning.
Council for National Policy
My comments about the people in the Council of National Policy.
• It would seem that these supposed evangelical leaders want to, in the name of Christianity, run the goverment.
• These leaders are banking on their “Christian” rhetoric about morals, etc. to gather folk to support them. Apparently, they must think this is a huge group and that they are in control of it.
• They don’t seem to know that you can’t legislate morality. The heart is desperately wicked…
• We’ve had pro-life presidents, but still no change, and things are getting worse.
• Perhaps if these so called Christian leaders would concentrate on spreading the gospel (as Jesus commanded), instead of working towards a “Christian” government, we would have seen a turning of the hearts of people to God’s ways. Only God can change a heart. You can not superimpose rules, on people to make them change.
From the BOOK
“For the leaders of this people cause them to err; and they that are led of them are destroyed.”—Isaiah 9:16
“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.”—Mark 16:15
“Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:”
“For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.”—Ecclesiastes 12:14
“For there is nothing hid, which shall not be manifested; neither was any thing kept secret, but that it should come abroad.”—Mark 4:22
“Jesus answered him, I spake openly to the world; and in secret have I said nothing.”—John 18:20
“And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them. For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.”—Ephesians 5:12
“But Jesus called them to him, and saith unto them, Ye know that they which are accounted to rule over the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and their great ones exercise authority upon them.”
“Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh [but] in vain.”—Psalm 127:1
“…should not a people seek unto their God?…if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.”
—Isaiah 8:19, 20
“But the meek shall inherit the earth…”—Psalm 37:11
“(For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)”—Philippians 3:18, 19