Summing up the errors in the church that I have discussed so far. This is only some of the error that happened in the first five centuries.
• A Political union of the church and state, creating a state religion controlled by the church, and a battle between church and state as to who is going to be in control.
• Amillennial thought denying a future, thousand-year, physical reign of Jesus Christ on the earth.
• The Church becomes the focus instead of Jesus Christ.
• An unbiblical Church hierarchy structure.
• Beliefs based on traditions or man’s words, not just the Bible.
• Greek thought and dualism.
• Baptism of babies not old enough to repent of their sin and accept Jesus as their Saviour.
• Mystic element.
• The belief that the Gentile church replaces Israel, and with it the thought that it is the church’s responsibility to bring in or advance the Kingdom of God.
• Playing down of the Holy Spirit as part of the Godhead, and His role in the believer’s life.
• The worship of Mary the mother of Jesus as a co-redemptrix.
Here is a list of some of the churches that include some of the above errors in their belief system.
Roman Catholic Church
The Emergent Church
The Reformed Church
Specifically today, I wanted to discuss the error in a system related to Reformed theology and compare their beliefs to the Bible. However, in doing research for this post, I realized that I need to discuss another source of error before continuing.